Questions colleges may ask during an interview:
1. Tell me about yourself. (Answer this in 1 – 1 ½ minutes)
2. Where do you see yourself ten years from now?
3. Why do you want to attend this particular college?
4. What would you add to our campus and our student body?
5. What is your favorite subject in high school? Why?
6. Tell me about your extracurricular activities.
7. What book has had the greatest impact on you?
8. How have you grown both personally and academically during high school?
Suggestions for Answering Interview Questions:
1. Practice your answers in front of a mirror. Hear yourself say your answers out loud. Be ready for a conversation, though. Don't completely memorize your answers.
2. Stay positive – avoid complaining or whining.
3. Actual personal interests aren’t as important as your demonstrated “passion” and “commitment” to your interests and your ability to articulate your passion(s).
4. Take the time to be “up on current events” from the newspaper or a weekly news magazine.
5. If there are deficits in your academic record, show how you have improved your academic standing.